11.07.2010

I have a job!

I received a call on Friday that I can start working.  They wanted me to start working that night, but I already made other plans.  Karly was taking Dylan (her son) to Kanpai for his 6th birthday!  I took a couple of pics.  Here they go:



Dylan loves that place!!  I can't blame him, I do too :)  Then we went shopping at Toys R Us.  I love that store.  I'm still a kid at heart.  I was playing with all the toys, wanting some of them.  hehe

Then later on me and Karly went out to have a girls' night out.  It has been awhile since we can do that.  You know, I hate the single scene.  It just seems like nobody wants to do commitments or anything.  I guess I'm just old fashioned, but dang...  You can see a guy, and he can look good and everything.  But how much do you really know him?  I guess I'm just scared to jump into anything.  Anyway, we had ourselves a good time. 

Anyway, today was the second day of training.  I'm really liking this company.  They seem to be honest.  That is very important to me.  Plus, my job is not dependent on my sales average!  That's a bonus!  I'm just not a pushy person.  Because I don't like being pushed to buy something.  I will just not buy anything, if you push me.  Anyway, I have learned more during the two days on this job then I did at Portrait Innovations (PI).  That's very sad!!  Seriously, I was just thrown into the camera room to take pictures, and didn't know anything about poses, lighting, or framing.  They wonder why my learning curve wasn't well.  Well let's see, if I don't get trained then I don't know what I'm doing.  I kept telling them I didn't know what they was talking about, becaue I was never told.  So when I was finally figuring out everything, they let me go.  It's fine.  I didn't like the manager or the company!  I understand that it's a business, but if you lie to get sales, then that's not my kind of job!  They supported the lying to customers.  I hated the fact that I had lie to customers.  I was so miserable from that job, I'm glad that they let me go.   I didn't want to quit, because I don't like quitting on things.  But next time if a company is dishonest like Portrait Innovations, then I will quit.  There is a fine line between wanting to make a profit and then just being plain greedy.  Anyway, so far Picture Me seems like a honest company, and that's good!   It's a seasonal job, but if I do well then I could be hired on.  As of right now, I hope I will be able to get hired on.  :) 

I posted a new post on my "101 New Movies Watched" blog.  Check it out if you would like.  I'm going to watch some more movies, so I can cross that task off as soon as possible :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...