11.22.2010

About my Daddy

It's been a week now since we took him to the hosiptal.  He came home last Tuesday (11/16/10).   We found out that he has cancer in both lungs, liver, and right kidney.  The doctor said that he has 3 to 6 months to live.  That he's too far along to have treatment.  The cancer that he has is the kind that spreads fast.  So he has come home to be comfortable.  He's happy being home with his family.  I do ask for prayers for my family.  It has been tough since we have found out about the cancer.  I love my daddy very much!  He has lived a full life.  He always made sure there was a roof over my head and food in my belly.  He taught me the meaning of being honest and hardworking.  Also, he raised me to help people in need.  That there is always someone out there that has it worse than me.  To appreciate what we have, and don't take things for granted.  He always expected me to do the best I can, and that he knows I can do whatever I want if I put my mind to it.  He always made sure that he did what needed to be done for the family.  I am his daughter.  I'm just like him in so many ways.  Mama usually calls me "Terry Junior."  :) 

A lot of you haven't ever seen my daddy.  Here is a picture of him with my uncle.

Daddy is on the left. 

The tattoo on his arm is of the marines.  He served in the military.  My uncle (on the right) just retired from the military.  My daddy has served on the police force and in the fire department.  He was proud of the work that he done. He was always helping people that was in need. He is a very kind hearted person. He was always there for my mama and the family. I just wanted ya'll to know how great my daddy is. He has done a lot in life, and never asked for recognition for it. I want to give him the credit that he deserves.


Please pray for my daddy and family.  He's not doing so well right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...