12.25.2010

1st White Christmas EVER!

The picture says it all.  First Christmas to have snow.  The plus is that it sticked :)  I had so much fun this Christmas (besides the fact of being sick).  Mama made an awesome feast.  She made the usual dessert in memory of Grandma.  Then she made potato salad, because Daddy always made it.  She just made it her way, hehe ;) Then of course we had mac & cheese, baked beans, and ham!  YUM YUM!  It was so good! 

I took a lot of pictures today.  When I'm off from work I usually take pictures and do some special effects on them.  I liked doing it before I started working at Picture Me!  So I still do it, even though at work there is a better camera and better programs to do the effects on, but I can't do amateur photography ther ;)  One of the things I do is try different stuff.  Some of it I'm the only one that likes it, and then the others are what people is used to seeing. 

Mama always said that I'm creative, and good at the art stuff.  I consider photography as an art, and she always said that I took really good pictures.  But she is my mother, and mothers tend to say nice things to their children. :)  Anyway, I'm getting to the point soon.  Basically, I'm trying to improve taking pictures, and then creating something with the pictures.  I like special effects, because you can decorate the picture to show the story behind it.  Just adding a certain effect to it can change the mood of the picture. 

I took a picture of the Christmas tree.  You might wonder....where is the tree?  This is one of the pictures that I was trying something different.  If you set the camera on night mode, it flashes twice or three times.  When the second flash goes off, you move the camera in differnt ways (circles, squares, up, down, etc.). This is the product of that happening.  I had so much fun taking pictures of the different ways of moving the camera.  One of the pictures, it looked like the lights were telephones.  It was so neat looking.  Mama actually liked that one.  She didn't like this one on the left.  It's my favorite out of the bunch. 

I did some special effects of this pic.  I did a boost of the colors, white vignette, and text.  I also did other special effects on the same picture, and it turned out really cool!  I usually don't use the heat map effect on pictures, but it turned out great on this one.  Here, have a look:

I really like how this picture turned out.  Kinda looks like a tornado, hehe.  

Anyway, I did some scrapbooking today, but I won't show pictures until I'm finished with it.  I do know one thing, I need to get my facts straight until I actually start doing the pages.  I wrote down that the summer camps started in 2007, when I stopped going to camps long before that.  So one of my pages has it scratched out, and it looks kinda sloppy :(

I had a awesome Christmas!  I hope that everyone else did too!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...