2.26.2012

$1.50ish Dry Erase Board

Howdy!!  This weekend was great!!  From start to finish.  :)   Loved catching up with some old friends and making some new ones.  :)   Also, I made some cheap dry erase boards for my friends at work.   It only cost me about $1.50 at the most for each one.  All you need is a $1 plastic picture frame (dollar tree has them), piece of white cardstock, piece of color cardstock, and something to decorate it with.  I will include directions at the end of the post. 

Here are some pics of the ones that I have made for the girls:



Besides these being super cheap, the markers won't stain the plastic.  I always hated when the markers started staining the boards, and you couldn't get it back to it's original white color.  These won't do it!!  Also since it's in a picture frame, you can change the inside of it.  So if you want to put something in there that is for Easter, you can make the inside and change it out!!  These boards are great for your office space, kitchen, or anywhere you want to jot down a note.  This will save on paper, and you can recycle old plastic frames to make this.  I'm not trying to be all tree hugger on you guys, but I'm all about saving money!!  

Well I gotta head to bed, but I hope ya'll will enjoy this!!  I know I did!  :) 

Directions:  (assuming it's a 5x7 picture frame)

1.  Cut color cardstock at 5 x 7
2.  Cut white cardstock at 4.75 x 6.75 
3.  Decorate it (stamp it, emboss it, color it, etc.) 
4.  Glue the white cardstock to the color cardstock.
5.  Insert into picture frame.
6.  Enjoy! 

***If you have a different size picture frame, just take a .25 inch off of the original measurements for the white cardstock.  Example :  4 x 6 picture frame:  3.75 x 5.75 white cardstock.  ***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...