2.06.2012

It's been a long time....

Wow!  I can't believe it's been over a year since my last post.  A lot has changed since then.  If it didn't then it would be kinda of scary and depressing.  Anyway, I felt like I should post something.  I love having these overwhelming urges to do something.  Usually it deals with me spending money, which everyone knows I don't like doing. lol.  

On to my point of wanting to do a post.  I have started making cards, and would like to go into more paper crafts.  Here is my first card I made:


 I cut the flower from the Cricut Expression.  The bottom I made the impression myself (might need to invest in a embossing machine).  It took me maybe 30 mins to make.  It took me longer to figure out what colors to use.  lol.  

I have made others as well.....here they go: 

I cut the tree using Cricut Expression.  I also used Mini Brads in the top right hand corner.  Just so CUTE!!

I stamped the butterfly on a circle of white cardstock.  Then I used color pencils to color in.  I would like to get a pastel set to use to color images, but color pencils is a good medium to use.

I like the fact that this one is so simple but yet so pretty!   I embossed a section of the pink cardstock.  Then I carefully put glue on the raised parts and added glitter. 

I orginally made the owl for the card above, but couldn't figure out where to put it.  So I decided to make another card.  I used a Martha Stewart punch for the border, and then used mini brads on the corners. 

This one is one of the most recent ones I have made.  I used glitter glue in the spots of the flower and mini brads on the top right hand corner. 
I love making cards.  My favorite part is the stamping!!  I don't know much about the different types of stamps and the inks, but I'm learning!  I like the fact that you can make a really cute card with little effort.  Plus, when you give this to someone it means so much more than buying a card.   Which for some reason I can't really let go of these cards.  Probably because they're my first.  :) 

Well it's been fun catching up, but I gotta get up early tomorrow.  :(   Gotta get ready for a busy day ahead of me.  Goodnite!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...